In the 16th century, a trusted general of Akbar, Maan Singh, built a fort. Later, Maan began to rule around the fort called the Amer state. The fort is now called Amer Fort and the city is called Jaipur. Amer Fort or Amber Fort is located fairly far from the major cities of Jaipur. This is an important tourist destination in this city.
Timing Of Amer (Amber) FortThe fort is at 11 km from the city of Jaipur. The fort is open for visitors from 9 am to 05:00 pm.
The elephant ride will be available from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm. until 1:00 pm Japanese. The No light show starts at 8 pm and the show's English light at 7:30 pm of the night.
Architecture of Amber FortAmer fort is built with red sandstone and white sandstone. The fort remains a good example of ancient Indian architecture. It is known for its Rajput and Hindu style blend of architecture and a blend of Hindu and Muslim style decorations. Sculpture in the ceiling and wall of the magnificent nature of this fort. There are many paintings of ancient hunting styles, images of the important Rajput leaders and others. There are a number of doors to the walls and each has a unique structure and architectural elements to enjoy. You can find many buildings within the fort, including Diwan-e-Aam, Sukhmanand, Sheesh Mahal and others.
Place To Visit In Amer (Amber) FortDiwane-e-Aam: - Diwan-e-Aam or public hearing salon is a large room that rises from the support of two rows of columns. Each column is adorned. This room is open on three sides. The king used to sit in the hallway and hear the questions of ordinary people. This room is famous for its mosaic-glass work. Kings are also used to talk to important ministers and guests in this room.
Sukh Mandir: - SukhNiwaas or SukhMandir is a wooden room of sandalwood and ivory. It is located right in front of the public hearing room. There is a small channel that crosses them that carry cold water. It's an old way to keep cool places. Although the term "Mandir" is used in the name, it is not a temple. It is a hall where kings and queens rest. The name can be translated as a resident of pleasure.
Sheesh Mahal: - Sheesh Mahal or palace of glass is the best part of this fort. The palace is displayed in many local films. The walls and ceilings of this palace are carved in beautiful flowers and other paintings made of glass. Queen of the fortress used to love sleeping under the stars. It is said that ancient customs of the land did not allow the woman to sleep outside. King appealed to the best architects in the region to solve the problem. Therefore, the palace was built. It is said that if two candles were lit at the palace, they would look like thousands of stars shining in the ceiling.
Kesar Kyaari: - Mughal gardens have a beauty that can not be counted by simple gardens seen throughout the country. This section is located on Lake Maota. The garden is located in front of the fort. The Garden is formed as a star. It is said that saffron flowers are planted in the garden. Now, the climatic conditions do not allow the orange plant to flourish in Jaipur. You can find beautiful flower plants in the garden today.
Light Show: - The display of lights occurs every night. The presentation focuses on the history of Jaipur and the defense. It shows the ancient anecdote of the place, high officials and so on. The show takes 50 minutes and runs in Hindi and English.
Things to do with Amer Fort: -
- Elephant ride around the fort is a very important activity. The elephant ride ends by afternoon. So, plan ahead.
- You can also opt for four-wheel drive tour to and fro which includes one hour waiting time. It costs around 300 rupees.
- Light show at night
- Watching the illuminated fort from the bottom of the hill in the evening
- Visit to the museum and garden inside the fort
- Panoramic view from Char garden. You can view the whole city from here.
- Classical dance program that happens in the evening in Sukh Mahal. Tickets will be available in the ticket counter.
- Enjoying a meal at Surabhi restaurant inside the fort which serves various cuisines
- Enjoying puppet shows and traditional songs. These are available during dinner time.
- Turban museum is free to enter in the fort. You can find a large collection of turbans here.
- Apart from Siladevi temple, you can find a lot of temples in the palace along with old havelies.