Gokarna a small temple town which is situated on the western coast of India in the Kumta taluk of Uttara Kannada district of the state of Karnataka. The main temple at that place is Lord Shiva, which is known as Mahabaleshwar. It is believed that the original image of Lord Shiva is Lord Shiva's linga (Atmalinga). With that there are lots of temples is located at that place. Gokarna is one the seven important Hindu pilgrimage centres. Due to lots of tourist at that place, the character of this place is changed. This place is more than the centre of pilgrimage. Here lots of devotees visit to offer prayers and worship to Lord Shiva.
Places to Visit in Gokarna, Karnataka
- Om Beach: - This place is one of the popular destination to visit in Gokarna. The best thing about this beach is, as their name om beach, the shape of this beach is naturally shaped like the auspicious symbol Om.
- Mahabaleshwara Temple: - Mahabaleshwara temple is other most popular destination who attracts tourist from all around the world. It is one of the seven important Hindu pilgrimage centres. A Shiva lInga is in the Mahabaleshwar temple which is known as Atmalinga is worshipped in this Mahabaleshwar temple.
- Water Sports in Gokarna: - This place is gold, for those people who love peaceful vacations. It is some or more like Goa. This place is known for idyllic beaches and pristine waters, this place attracts many tourists every year.
- Kundle Beach: - This is another popular place to visit in Gokarna. Here traveller will find a number of simple huts and beachside eating places where one can enjoy lots of things.
- Yaana: - This place is for nature Lovers. It is an awesome place for hikers and trekkers. This place is located in midst of thick woods of the western ghats.
- Gokarna Beach: - This place is located near Mahabaleshwar temple, which is also a well known with pilgrims are coming to visit the temple.
- Half Moon Beach: - This place is a very beautiful beach of Gokarna. Half moon is smaller, that's why less crowded beach of Gokarna.
- Koti Tirtha: - It is a man made a tank, this place is used for ritual bath and immersing idols. The best thing at that place is this tank is surrounded by temples on all sides.
- Maha Ganpati Temple: - This place is dedicated to Lord Ganesh, this place is also situated near Mahabaleshwar Temple and also popular in pilgrims who visit Gokarna.
- Paradise Beach: - This beach is accessible only by boats or for that you have to do some trekking. Here you don't find any water sports, but you enjoy swimming in the calm water.
- Bhadrakali Temple: - This place is dedicated to Goddess Uma, and it is one of the popular religious sites in Gokarna.
- Kumta: - It is a small coastal town, which is situated near Gokarna. This Place is popular for its temples and beaches.
Things to Do In Gokarna
- Beach Trekking In Gokarna: - There are lots of beaches located in Gokarna. There are 5 beaches at that place, i.e. Gokarna Beach, Om Beach, Half Moon Beach, Kundle Beach, and Paradise Beach. So for adventure lover, this place is awesome, they enjoy their trekking and hiking here.
- Visit Temple: - Gokarna is popular for temples and beaches. There are so many temples at that place, some of these are Mahabaleshwar temple, Bhadra Kali Temple, Kothi Tirth, Maha Ganpati Temple, etc. This is one of the popular spots for pilgrims.
- Feel Relax With A Massage: - If you visit Gokarna and stay at any hotel and resort, they offer massage service for their customers. So if you want that then you ask for that to the members of hotel and resorts.
- Become a Foodie: - If you are a food lover, then here you found any many food items here according to your mood and wish. Here you found everything like Italian, Chinese, Indian, etc.
- Venture out for a drive: - You found many places near Gokarna on each have their different appearance. So explore Gokarna and enjoy theirs in your own way.
- Yoga at Beach: - If you love yoga, then you enjoy Yoga at the beach. Do it yourself or join any group who do yoga. If you stay at any hotel or resort, then they also offer you Yoga classes at the beach.
- Experience the Star Studded Sky: - Now it's night time, and you are thinking that what you do on the night, then here also you have an option i.e. take an experience of star studded sky.
- Do the Water Sport: - If you are a sports lover and love to do any sports activity then visit beaches of Gokarna. Here you found many options of water sports.
- Soak Up The Town: - Now what remains, its town. So why you are waiting for just exploring the town. Do shopping, eat food, or many other things, you do at that place.
- Get Bitten by a Photo Bug: - If you are a photographer or love to capture your sweet memories on camera. Then there are many rocky surface and hillocks. They all are looking stunning. So just take your camera of the phone and capture some stunning clicks from theirs.