Darjeeling West Bengal
Darjeeling is a town in Indian state of West Bengal. This place is very popular for its tea industry,its spectacular views of the Kangchenjunga, the world's third-highest mountain, and the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is also known as "Queen of The Hills". It is also one the top tourist attraction centre in India. Darjeeling is a place where 3rd largest peak of world is situated and India's 1st largest peak is situated. Popular places in Darjeeling who attracts tourists to darjeeling are monasteries, botanical gardens, a zoo, and the Darjeeling-Rangeet Valley Passenger Ropeway cable car. Ropeway Cable Car of Darjeeling is Asia's longest ropeway cable car.
Top Places To Visit In Darjeeling
- Darjeeling Himalayan Railway: - Darjeeling Himalayan Railway is also known as Toy Train or DHR. It runs between New Jalpaiguri and Darjeeling in the state of West Bengal. They provide a service of daily tourist trains from Darjeeling to Ghum. Ghum is India's highest railway station. For that they handle vintage British-built B Class steam locomotives.
- Tiger Hill: - Tiger Hill is a summit of Ghoom and also a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here you get a panoramic view of Mount Everest and Mt. Kangchenjunga together. Best time to visit tiger hill during sunrise because at that time the peaks of Kangchenjunga are illuminated before the sun is seen at lower elevations. From Tiger Hill, its easy to see Mount Everest.
- Batasia Loop: - This place is 5 Km from Darjeeling below Ghum. Batasia Loop is a dedicated to the Gorkha soldiers of Indian Army who sacrificed their lives after Indian Independence in 1947. It is also attracts tourists in Darjeeling. It is a spiral railway created to lower the gradient of ascent of the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway in Darjeeling district of West Bengal, India. This place is established in 1919.
- Darjeeling/Japanese Peace Pagoda: - Japanese Peace Pagoda is also known as Peace Pagoda, Darjeeling or Darjeeling Peace Pagoda. It is one of the peace pagodas which is designed to focus for the people of all communities and wants to help themselves in the search of world peace. This peace pagoda is established under the guidance of Nichidatsu Fujii, a Buddhist monk from Japan. And founder of this peace pagoda is Nipponzan-Myōhōji.
- Rock Garden: - This Rock garden is also known as Barbotey Rock Garden. It is located at Chunnu Summer Falls and Ganga Maya Park. And this place is recently added to the tourist attractions in Darjeeling. With that you also found an another rock garden in darjeeling i.e. Sir John Anderson Rock Garden, this rock garden is a part of Lloyd's Botanical Garden.
- Nightingale Park: - Full name of Nightingale Park is Shrubbery Nightingale Park. It is a beautyful public park area. People visit their for relaxing and enjoying the superb views of the Kanchenjunga and the other snow peaks of Eastern Himalayas. This place is also known as The Shrubbery. And also a private courtyard of Sir Thomas Tartan's Bungalow.
- Sandakphu Trek: - Sandakphu is a wonderland for trekkers. It is a highest point in Singalila range as well as in the state of West Bengal, India. Route of this trek is goes from Singalila range and therefore it is known as Singalila trek.
- Himalayan Mountaineering Institute: - It is also a centre of tourist attraction In Darjeeling. Every year lots of tourist visit their. This institute is a tribute to Tenzing so that he could impart his skills to all those who pursued climbing activities in the Himalayas.
- Padamaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park: - Padamaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park is also known as Darjeeling Zoo. It specializes in breeding animals adapted to alpine conditions, and has successful captive breeding programs for the snow leopard, the critically endangered Himalayan wolf and the red panda. Every year approx 3 lakh visitors visit here.
- Singalila National Park: - Singalila National Park is a national park which is located at singalila ridge in darjeeling. It is well known place for the trekking route to Sandakphu that runs through it.
- Observatory Hill: - Observatory Hill is well known tourist destination in Darjeeling. Here you enjoy magnificent views of snow-clad peaks, including Mount Kanchenjunga, are visible from the Observatory Hill. Bhutia Busty monastery is located on Observatory hill.
- Monasteries: - Their are 5 monastries in Darjeeling i.e. Bhutia Busti Monastery, Old Ghum Monastery, Dali Monastery, Samten Choling Monastery, and Aloobari Monastery. Within buddists, there are some sectors like Yellow Hat, Red Hat, Kargyupa and many more. And each monastries are belongs to a specific sector.
Things To Do In Darjeeling
- Stay At Tea Garden: - All know that tea and tea garden of Darjeeling is world famous. When you visit there you see women in traditional clothes with baskets in their backs and it makes it a magical sight which you never forget in your whole life.
- White Water Rafting In Teesta River: - If you are an adventure lover, then darjeeling fullfil your this wish. Lots of people visit darjeeling every year for white water rafting in Teesta River.
- Drive Up To Tiger Hill: - Tiger Hill is also for adventure lover and travel lovers. It is well known tourist attraction of Darjeeling. If you visit on the top of the hill in early hours, then you see the oragnge glow of the rising sun. It is a speechless momment for you, that you feel with mother nature.
- Sit On Darjeeling Chowrasta: - After sunset, you visit Chowrasta which is situated at top ridge of the hill town and surrounded with shops and restaurants.
- Enjoy Trip to Kalimpong: - Kalimpong is a small town in Darjeeling. Main attraction at that place is some monasteries.