Pune is the second largest city of Indian state Maharashtra. It is a culture Capital of Maharashtra. Pune was once a center of power of Maratha Empire which is established by Shivaji Maharaj. Pune is also known as Oxford of the East because half of the total international students in India are studied in Pune. Pune retains its historic past and also embrace modernity at the same time. Here you found some places to visit, so today we discuss here "Places to visit In Pune" or "Top 5 Things to Do In Pune".
Places to Visit In Pune
- Aga Khan Palace: - This palace was built by Sultan Muhammed Shah Aga Khan III in Pune in 1892. This fort is one of the biggest landmarks in Indian history. This place is considered as the greatest marvels of India. Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) declares this place as a monument of national importance in 2003.
- Shaniwar Wada: - Shaniwar Wada is a historical fort, which is situated in Pune and was built in 1732. A Large part of this fort is destroyed in 1828 by an unexplained fire. Now remaining part is maintained as a tourist site.
- Mulshi Lake & Dam: - This lake is established in the area of Mulshi dam. This place is popular for its scenic beauty of Koraigadh, Dhangad Fort and Sahyadri ranges and also a perfect gateway for nature lovers.
- Bund Garden: - This garden is situated near Fitzgerald Bridge in Pune, Maharashtra. Mini dams are established by Jamsetjee Jejeebhoy, the Parsi businessman, and philanthropist. He established it as a source of irrigation water for the underprivileged. This garden was established in 1869.
- National War Museum: - National War Museum is a memorial, which is situated in Pune, India. It is dedicated to the post-independence war martyrs. This is the only war memorial in whole south Asia which is established by citizens contributions. This memorial is opened for the nation on 15th of August 1998.
- Osho Ashram: - Osho Ashram is situated in Koregaon Park near Pune. This ashram is a resort for Meditation and Yoga. In this ashram, daily training programs on spiritual uplift and meditation are conducted.
- Panshet Water Park: - If you love to go water parks and enjoying their, then Panshet Water Park which is situated in Pune is best for your Pune tour. Here you enjoy a lot of activities like kayaking, rides, water scooters, speed boats, swimming, etc. Check Top Water Parks From Here: - Click Here
- Parvati Hill Temple: - Parvati Hill Temple is a hillock, which is situated in Pune. This temple is located at 2100 feet above sea level. It is one of the main scenic location in Pune. It is oldest heritage structure in Pune, which was built during the rule of the Peshwa dynasty.
- Sinhagad & Khadakwasala: - It is a fort, which is situated in Pune, at 1380 m above the sea level. With that Khadakwasala is also have a dam.
- Saras Garden: - This garden is situated in Pune, which was established by Peshwa and also has a temple of Lord Ganesha. You enjoy a perfect walk with friends or family here.
- Shinde's Chatri: - Shinde's Chatri is a memorial which is dedicated to the 18th-century military leader Mahadji Shinde, who served as commander in chief of Maratha army under Peshwas. It is situated at Wanawadi in Pune, India.
- Mahatma Phule Museum: - Mahatma Phule Museum is a museum which is situated in Pune. This museum was established in 1890. In starting this museum is known as Poona Industrial Museum after that its name is changed to Lord Reay Museum. But in 1968, the name of this museum is renamed as Mahatma Phule Museum.
- Pataleshwar Cave Temple: - Pataleshwar Cave Temple is also known as Panchaleshvara or Bamburde. It is a rock-cut cave temple which is carved out in the 8th century in the Rashtrakuta period. This temple is dedicated to the Hindu God Lord Shiva. This cave temple is protected monument by the government.
- Dehu Gatha Temple: - Dehu Gatha Temple is one of the largest temples which is situated near Pune district of Indian state Maharashtra. This temple is located on Indrayani River's bank. This temple is established in 1723. This temple is dedicated to the lord Pandurang.
- Katraj Snake Park (Rajiv Gandhi Park): - Rajiv Gandhi Park is situated in Pune. Pune Municipal Corporation manages this job. This park is divided into three parts i.e. animal orphanage, a snake park, and a zoo. Katraj snake park is the main attraction for tourists. Snake park has a lot collection of snakes, birds, reptiles, and turtles.
- Raj Dinakar Kelkar Museum: - Raj Dinakar Kelkar Museum is a Museum which is situated in Pune. This museum is established in the memory of the only son of Dr. Dinkar G. Kelkar, "Raja". It contains a collection of Dr. Dinkar G. Kelkar. In this museum, you like to see ornaments made of ivory, silver, and gold, musical instruments, war weapons, and vessels.
- Vishram Bagh Waada: - Vishram Bagh Waada or Vishrambaug Wada is a mansion which is located at central Pune's Thorale Bajirao Road. It is a luxurious residence of Peshwa Bajirao II, the last Peshwa of Maratha Confederacy in the 19th century.
- St. Mary's Church: - St. Mary's Church is located in Ghorpuri in Pune, Maharashtra. This temple is the oldest church in the Deccan region. This church is also known as "mother church of the Deccan".
- Tribal Museum: - Tribal Museum is a museum which is located in Pune, it showcasing the livelihoods and culture of tribal communities by their weapons, paintings, and artifacts.
- Ohel David Synagogue: - Ohel David Synagogue is also known as Lal Deval or Lal Deul. It is a synagogue in Pune, India.
- Chavand Trek: - Chavand is a hill fort in the state of Maharashtra. This fort is a part of "famous five". And other 4 is Hadsar, Shivneri, Jivdhan, and Naneghat. And if you like trekking then you also enjoy here trekking.
- Hadsar Trek: - Hadsar is also known as Parvatgad. Hadsar is a hill fort which is located in Pune Maharashtra. There is a temple of Lord Shiva at top of the fort.
- Korigad Trek: - Korigad is a hill fort which is situated in Pune Maharashtra. Here you found caves and cisterns of water within the fort.
- Purandar Trek: - Purandar is a fort in the Pune. Purandar and Vajragad are twin forts. This fort is the largest of two and situated at the height of 4472.
- Rajgad Trek: - It is a royal and palatial trek to a fort. Once this trek is inhabited by Shivaji Maharaj himself.
- Rasalgad: - Rasalgad is a fort, which is situated in Pune District of Indian state Maharashtra. This fort is evolved for the purpose of tourist attraction in Pune.
- Rohida Trek: - Rohida is also known as Vichitragad. It is a fort, which is situated in Pune. This place is loved by all trekkers. It is also loved by nature lover, adventure junkie, and history enthusiast.
Top 5Things to do in Pune
- Explore Wildlife in Pune: - Visit Rajiv Gandhi Park and experience a different kind of zoo. In that Katraj Snake Park is one of the main points of attractions in Pune.
- Trekking: - There are lots of treks in Pune like Rohida Trek, Rajgad Trek, Purandar Trek, Korigad Trek, Hadsar Trek, Chavand Trek, etc. So if you are an adventure lover or trekking lover, then Pune is the best place for you.
- Parvati Hill: - This temple is situated on the top, so you enjoy a panoramic view of Pune from here.